View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Actually I have read documents that had the footnote in a paragraph just after its reference. This actually was pretty easy to read I felt but is not standard as compared to a paper book. The current format seems ok to me but if you want to make it like a paper book then that's a different matter.

There is currently no defined standard for eBooks. Note that the way epub is headed is to place the footnote inside a title line that is placed in the enclosing tag as an attribute. In html today you can hover over a piece of text and the footnote would appear. At some point a similar idea would be you could click the footnote reference and a block would open up over the top of the page with the footnote data. Today no eBook reader supports this that I know of.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote