View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #31
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
- For chess, you can install Scid vs PC which is a fairly advanced program. You can use Stockfish 4.0 (Elo over 3000) as a UCI chess engine (to be compiled). There are also many other good quality free chess engines and you can install other commercial ones if you wish.
I know SCID, but the last time I looked at it, it was a database, not a playing program. Also, I don't know how well the DGTNix driver for my DGT board will work. Even the official Windows driver is sometimes flacky...

Quote:
- Games: I use few of them but you can try Playonlinux . Remember also that SteamOS will be a Linux distro and that we can expect more and more games in the next months.
I'll look at PlayOnLinux for my older RPG's. Quite a few of them seem to work fine in WINE. I don't do Steam. I only buy games from GOG.com. Maybe Steam does Linux, but their games depend on their service, and I don't like that.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote