View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #292
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
I've tried a lot of different fonts on my Paperwhite since I found out how to use the USE_ALT_FONTS about a month ago. Based on how I keep returning to it, I think I've settled on an edited version of Lusitana at 12 points.

I've poked at it a lot--but mainly I condensed it, replaced the quotation marks and apostrophes with glyphs from another font (personal preference), and used letters from a more decorative font for italic characters (I wasn't satisfied with the auto-italic).
Could you post a screenshot containing italics and quotation marks and/or apostrophes? I assume the chapter title is an image (looks like the font on the cover of The Knife of never letting go)?
I've been messing around with combining different fonts for the same reason I think.

Quote:
I like it. Regardless, I'm so glad we can tweak our fonts! I hated being locked into a few font choices on my previous e-reader.
I feel the same way! I read so much on my Kindle that I feel like I want to spice it up and not always look at the same exact ol' font.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote