View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Thanks for the info.

bspline, I read up a little on the topaz file format. It sounds like more of a scanned image converted to some sort or reflowable pdf style document which would account for why it looks better and for why the file sizes increase anywhere from two to four times the "regular" Kindle versions.

Since this format isn't currently convertable into anything else, I'd rather not go anywhere near anything that might have the chance of being a topaz file, even to save a few bucks.

If anyone else has any more information on what the issue with these files may be, I'd be interested in hearing it. Otherwise, for now, I plan to steer clear of them.

Thanks again for the info guys.

Sincerely,
- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote