View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I have contacted amazon about the non-replacable battery and they said
Quote:
We learned from the first generation Kindle that changing the battery was rarely needed.

We are providing the Kindle 2 with one year Warranty. If you require additional warranty, there's also an optional 2-Year Extended Warranty you can purchase separately to add an additional year and more comprehensive protection, including coverage for battery replacement and accidental drops and damage (limited to one incident). The Extended Warranty is sold and administered by Service Net, a third-party warranty service provider.

You can purchase the 2-Year Extended Warranty for Kindle 2 within 30-days of the date your Kindle 2 shipped for $65.

If at all your battery fails after the warranty period, we will fix it for you at minimal cost.
I've read other areas saying minimal costs are between $35-$55, but it all seems to be speculation and not hard figures.

Personally, I like my kindle, and find myself using wisper net, just to check out new books to see what I may read next. It's nice being able to see a book at a store, and then next time I sit down to read hop on wispernet to read reviews. (note not ALL books are available, but there are a suprising amount that are)

Last edited by demoric; 03-08-2009 at 01:52 PM.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote