View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hit TV show 24 is now a phone game

While I was reading today from my 164 RSS feeds (yikes, something needs to change to stop this growth rate!), I came across this new mobile game based on the hit Fox TV series "24". Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it runs on a Treo, but is aimed at mainstream cell phones. It looks like you can check your model and carrier compatibility here.

I think it looks great! I had assumed at first that it was another silly game that wouldn't even be worth mentioning, but it turns out that it appears to be a full and real game and even has a full review that gives it a 9/10 rating. He says, "So, why am I giving 24 such a high score? Because it is the best example of a licensed mobile game based on an entertainment property (film, TV show) that I have seen thus far. Rather than going to simple route and making a cookie-cutter action-platformer starring Jack Bauer, I-play successfully created the illusion that you are a pivotal member of the CTU team working alongside your favorite characters from the show. This is a way to augment your enjoyment of the show -- and that's a really cool concept.

I also feel the game has significant replay value. If you are a fan of the show, it's apparent you enjoy spending time with these people each week. After finishing one of the days in 24, I think a lot of fans/gamers will feel inclined to go back and see if they cannot beat their past times, see if they cannot be a bigger help to Jack, and enjoy the story one more time. This is solid, smart mobile gaming that is easily worth the admission price for fans of the series."

So you tell me... is this a must-have for 24 fans, or a waste of time? It looks pretty fun to me. As it doesn't seem to run on a Treo, maybe I'll have to get a full game console version of it. That just feels so wrong when a regular cell phone user can play, but a Treo user can't!

Via Treo Today
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote