View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
No the links to .imp ebooks will not download properly because that is not the way they are 'transferred' to the EBW1150.
Well I found where the problem lies!! It's not that the links are incomplete or bad.
The readers CAN download books directly from a web server. They don't need to go through a booklist page to download them properly. They rely on plain HTTP protocol but..... , and here it's the solution, the need to know WHAT they are downloading. And they do that by reading the Content-type field on the HTTP responses.

The solution is configuring the web server to handle IMP files with their correct MIME type: application/x-softbook.

I added that MIME type to an Apache web server on my LAN and a book I posted downloaded without any problem. There it was, perfectly sitting in my readers bookshelf!!

The question is: Will Mobileread managers add that to their servers? Hope they do so
Good luck to you guys
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote