View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I'd do what was suggested in the post above.

I do recall reading some posts elsewhere on the net where someone had let their early model Kobo sit around for a while without charge, couldn't get it to charge via USB, and eventually opened the case, disconnected the battery and very briefly jumped it direct to the charger they had. VERY dangerous, and they were lucky. Obviously not something you want to do unless you know how to observe polarity and are very short in duration. Apparently the battery had dropped below the voltage that the internal circuit in the battery would allow charging at or the Kobo had the circuit and they bypassed it by briefly connecting to the battery directly. Last resort. Frankly, I wouldn't try something like that unless I removed the battery, put it somewhere safe (think under a lexan box), wore my shop glasses and was very short on pulsing a little power into the battery just until the voltage was near nominal for the battery -just enough to get the charger circuit to allow charging again instead of thinking the cell had gone bad. Very iffy.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote