View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
HTML entities being changed to actual glyphs

I have been trying to learn about HTML and CSS from various online tutorials and Mobile Read posts. I saw a post here on the forum about using HTML entities to help prevent the question mark/blank box that happens when a font can't support a special character.
This works for me for  , but it seems that many others that I use get converted to the actual glyph as soon as I move from Code View to Book View and back again. For instance, “ %mdash; and others.

Is this a normal behavior? Should I try to prevent it? If so, how? Is this something that can be set in the header of the HTML file?

Thanks for any enlightenment....
(I feel so stooooopid!)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote