View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Obviously Prof knows something about screens that I don't.

You are looking at DRM in PDF the wrong way, lets turn the question upside down. What PDF books don't have DRM. The answer is 99.9% of all electronic books you find out there have DRM and very few do not such as the ones from BAEN, Mobile Read's Library and Project Gutenberg don't but all of the rest do. So if it is important to you to have them non-DRMed then you will need to get adept at stripping the DRM.

Understood about the screen size, my berry has one that is four inches as well and I am ok with that size.

If you are interested in large screen sizes you might look at a big format reader such as the Kindle DX. It will cost you and arm and a leg but its large format and its restricted to Amazon provided books. Most will have a seven inch screen.

If you can be satisfied with the seven inch screen then start looking for more charactersitics that you want.

By taking out tousch screen you have narrowed things down to the: Etaco Jet Book Lite, Bookeen and Kobo. Next question is do you want simple, foreign languege, non-english, languege books or ability to read anything and everything you come across.

For my dollars the most important thing would be the different formats that I can read, which would mean the Etaco Jet Book Lite. Costs approximatly $100 and can read just about anything, I would suggest that you go to the company's web site and look at the Jet Book Lite and see what you think. If you don't like that then lets talk about the other two readers. jetbook.net.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote