Thread: Mini Mini Teardown
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 03:54 AM   #27
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
After doing a lot of research I stumbled over this thread, listing benchmarks for a lot of microsdhc cards.

xda microsdhc testthread

The card currently in my Kobo is actually pretty good already, with it's 0,3 mb/s random write speed.
Many cards offer substantially worse results in that area, because they are developed for fast sequential r/w speeds, not random access, so chances are high you get a worse card performance wise, if you just pick a new one randomly based on a higher class.

The "Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 10 UHS-1 microSDHC" line is apparently one of the better variants, with theoretical 4-5 times the access speed.
I ordered myself a 16gb variant (for 11€) and let you guys know if I notice any difference in reality after it arrived.

Last edited by ewphoenix123; 12-31-2012 at 03:56 AM.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote