View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Convenience.

Most books I only read once and it was a pain to buy a book and have to find space for it or donate it etc. after I finished reading it.

The library is a hassle with due dates, reservations, not carrying a lot of books I read etc.

So the main reason I got one was just to have the convenience of getting an electronic copy of something that I don't have to find space for, donate etc. after reading it.

I'm fine paying $5-10 to read a book once. It's no different than paying $10 for a movie ticket. I'm paying for the entertainment I get while reading the book, I don't need to own a physical copy of something I'll only read once.

There's other nice benefits like having multiple books in one place etc. But I'm usually only reading one book at a time (not requiring work reading--which I don't do with e-books yet anyway) so it's kind of moot for me. Very seldom have I finished more than one book (if even that) on a trip etc.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 02-09-2010 at 04:11 PM.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote