View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
kaworu1986
kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo H2O
Unhappy Help me save my Kobo Glo

I have been using my Kobo Glo as a comic reader (and have been loving it) with cbz files.

Today, after copying a very large file (about 700 MB) on it, it froze while rebuilding the library; I tried rebooting the device, which has made things worse: my Kobo never managed to boot at all, instead just getting stuck and I had no way of even accessing its memory to remove the file I believe was causing all this.

After reading that the Glo's back is clipped in and that internally it has a standard microsd card storing the firmware and user accessible memory, I opened it and tried mounting it directly on my pc. Unfortunately, it appears the memory card has been corrupted, since neither windows nor freebsd can recognize the partition table anymore.

Is there any kind soul who has made an image of the Kobo Glo's internal microSD and who could post it so that I could try reimaging it with dd and see if I can get my device back to life?

Thanks a lot in advance.
kaworu1986 is offline   Reply With Quote