View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First of all, Pynch, my deepest thanks for this prodigious contribution to the library. I love Henry James and it is amazing to have all his work collected into the one volume.
Unfortunately I'm having a problem with the current volume, which I've just downloaded.
When I open it either in Adobe DE or with the Calibre viewer, some of the ligatures appear to be missing and I can't tell whether it's something to do with the epub or the config of my own system. There was also a problem with a recent Microsoft update which affected the display of certain types of fonts, so it might be that.
With ADE, all occurrences of 'Th' seem to be missing; with Calibre, 'Th' is there but 'fi' is missing.
Can anyone else confirm this, please? Or, indeed, that everything is present and correct with the current file?
Thanks,
bob
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote