Thread: Accessories Kindle cover dilemma
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Kindle cover dilemma

I seem to now be going round & round in circles trying to figure out how to best protect my little K3. I thought the good people here might be able to offer some sage-like wisdom.

One of my concerns is no matter how safely I put my Kindle out of my children's reach, at some point they'll no doubt be able to get their hands on it. This means I have reservations about getting any cover that uses a hinge-based system, I know people keep reiterating that as long as people follow the instructions they need not worry about the hinge, but my youngest 2 just won't understand that. I therefore don't think either the Amazon or LeSportsac covers are for me.

M-Edge have moved away from the hinge system, plus they have a purple cover that looks reasonably ok (I love purple), but I was disappointed to find out their covers aren't leather ones & there's no indication as to when they'll be available. My reason for preferring leather is mainly durability, but also I really don't like the look or feel of man made leather.

I-Nique have covers that don't use the hinge system, they have a few covers that are made of leather too, and whilst their covers aren't released until the end of the month at least they are UK based & therefore it hopefully shouldn't take too long for the cover to reach me. The problem is I think I'm too much of a traditionalist & for some reason want a Kindle cover that resembles a book cover (I have no idea why) and the only one I can see from I-nique is in boring old black. Also, the I-nique stands do not look like they offer very good protection.

I feel I should also note there is no way I can afford the pricier options such as Oberon covers.

So guys, what's a girl to do? When my K3 ventures out of the house it will be to university, so it will be in quite a bulky bag & therefore really needs decent protection.
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote