Thread: Sigil v0.1.2
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #32
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
You're right.

I just read the google code page here which is the first hit when you type on google "sigil install linux". I thought it was enough. Maybe, it could also be completed with libqt4-dev.
http://code.google.com/p/sigil/wiki/...onInstructions
Am I the only one who sees the word "run" bolded? Or the link to the exact page with building instructions: "Instructions on compiling Sigil can be found on the BuildingFromSource wiki page."? It's the very next sentence after the list of libraries required to run Sigil. "libqt4-dev" is not required to run Sigil, but is required to build it. This would be the reason why it's not listed in the libraries required for running, but is listed in the libraries required for building.

Also, none of this text is in the INSTALL.txt file included in the source package you downloaded. That file only has the text from the BuildingFromSource page, since with the source package you'll be... building from source.

I honestly don't know how to make all of this more explicit for new users. I guess I'll have to try.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-13-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote