View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #84
ereadingdotcom
CEO, Ereading.com
ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Are big name authors generally more difficult to work with (to get to make needed changes) than new authors?
Hi, Crich...

Gee, I find myself potentially putting my foot in my mouth here. I've personally worked with a number of New York Times bestselling authors, so I must be more careful what I say.

Let me put it this way: Yes.

Caveat: But not always. When they're really good, they need virtually no editing.

Caveat Part II: Oh, and new authors are very often willing to go above-and-beyond to follow editorial direction. It's the occasional one with an ego the size of a Pullman car that are really tough to deal with.
ereadingdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote