Thread: Cover Design
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #28
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
How do I clean up blends? What are blends
Blends are when you apply a certain mode to a layer, to blend one layer into another (overlay, burn, grain merge etc). You can get some wickedly cool effects just from some texture layers that are blended the right way over a really bland illustration. There's no real 100% rule with how to do your blends. I work accidentally, so I just throw all my ideas together and start messing around with stuff until I get something I like.

Remember that mars illustration thing I did in another thread? That was all done with blends, and the red planet image was done with the same stock photo of mars you have there desaturated and all the black and white levels adjusted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-3.png
Views:	216
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	51869  

Last edited by Dusty Bottoms; 05-19-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote