View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #81
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
davidfor, does the 2.2.x firmware support reading series info for sideloaded books at all?

If so, what are the metadata tags that it is using to look for series info (assuming I don't use Calibre)?
Yes and no. Series info isn't part of the ePub 2 standard. Hence the firmware doesn't read the details from sideloaded books. If you want to play with the database, you can set the values yourself. This is what the calibre driver does using the calibre library as the source for the info.

When this came up in the beta firmware group, I encouraged Kobo to accept the calibre metadata as a defacto standard. I wasn't expecting them to, but I hoped.

If you want to update the info yourself. The "content" table has two colums: Series and SeriesNumber. Both are text fields. The display in the library list is simple the contents of both separated by " - ". Kobo usually use "#1" for the number, but one of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books has "#3: Part 2".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote