View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #369
Gotnoteeth
Gotnoteeth began at the beginning.

Device: literari & android tablet
Hi yes there is no doubt it is a literari - I have it still in the original box and all - but this model is black not white. It is 2010 and says it has software version 1.9

There was a piece of rubber near the power button so I removed that and there is a slot there but I'm not sure its for an SD card - I fit one in there but there is no snap and clicking into place and then you have to use tweasers to get it out because it just disappears. When I put a blank SD card in nothing happened on the screen of the literari so it didn't seem to even recognize that anything was added although I'm not sure what it should have done. I thought I could copy the books from the literari to the SD incase I have to do a factory reset or something so I wouldn't lose the books & I can transfer them then to my android tablet (its a azpen from microcenter) but you think maybe if I copy the upgraded firmware on the SD first -then insert it-it might recognize that?

I wound up plugging it to my computer with a USB cord at least to transfer out the books that were on it so maybe I can then put them on the android tablet I just picked up but then after my computer created the folders from the literari showing authors and titles, when I went to open the books- I just get an error message saying program unknown so I can't even read them on the compute. I figure if I then transfer to the to the tablet - I'm presuming they won't be readable on there either?

I'm kind of stuck as to what I can do with this literari now. I never really used it since I got it as a gift since I'm slow to pick up technology but looking at the books my friend already downloaded for me last year or so- it reads really well - very clear and easy to turn pages so it looks great if only I can make it work. I had a hard time getting it to connect but finally it did connect but said something about downloading new firmware except it won't download and gives me another error message.

Last edited by Gotnoteeth; 07-18-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Gotnoteeth is offline   Reply With Quote