View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
dan_turner
dan_turner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/detail/mode/title/empire_of_doom

The great pulp here, The Spider, from 1934. These DO NOT have to be read in order, by the way.

Here's the blurb from this issue:

"America faces certain doom as its citizens fall in screaming thousands before the noxious death vapors loosed upon them by the Green Hand. How can the SPIDER, harried and threatened by a hundred new and deadly perils, check the rising power of the next Dictator- and lay bare the scheming, criminal mind which seeks to enslave the nation?"

If that sounds like fun, then we have the same tastes.

Like the other two that I've assembled for MobileRead, I was able to locate the original cover art and, also like the other two, this was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
That's interesting, and a small part of the Spiders available online. I note that Munsey's has completely stopped posting original classic noir works, which he'd done, expending considerable expense and sweat-equity, to make us all happy, and apparently not from any financial incentive, following your constant campaign to steal from him.

I wonder, as part of your "artistic judgment," were you ever gonna do anything original, like a scan of your own, or just keep ripping him off?

I'm sure there's a couple hundred left, if it's the latter, but it might help us all out to learn.