View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Not sure. The reason that I am not sure is that the Kindle site lists compatible dictionaries. I am not sure whether there is some new factor that would keep your text dictionaries from working. That said, if your Japanese dictionary is compatible then my experience is that if you set the language of the book to a foreign language and try to spell check a word it will give you the dreaded "Dictionary not found for language of book...." If you set the book language to English, then the Touch will go out and find the word in the appropriate dictionary.

Three observations:
Forget about setting a default dictionary. So far it seems that the Touch ignores that setting.
Second, it seems that the Touch will look up a word in English first and then try other dictionaries. This leads to finding a definition of soya when trying to find the spanish "soy."
Third, if you are using Calibre it is not enough to set the language to English, you need to recreate the mobi.

Everything that I have conveyed has come from experimenting with the touch and Spanish or German approved dictionaries. With a non-latin language your millage may vary.

If you try this please post you results.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote