View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #54
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that TPB is not aiding people to infringe copyright?

Sorry, but you seem to be contradicting yourself. Not so long ago, you were arguing against sites being blocked without due process of law. This is a block which has been enacted as the direct result of due process, and a full legal hearing. I would have expected that you'd be fully supportive of it!
I'm saying infringing copyright is not the only purpose or use of site like that, and by effectively closing them down they are depriving income from people who use them for legitimate promotional purposes. How are those people going to be compensated?

I don't remember ever saying something should be closed down through legal means, what I've always said is unauthorised content (or links to it) should be removed at the request of the creator (or owner). That way people who don't care, or who put it there themself, don't get inconvenienced.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote