View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
SD cards when returning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqncigars View Post
I received a brand new PP for my cracked screen. I just wanted the screen replaced, and could have lived with the peeling paint. The new replacement was nice, but they included a spare battery (which I already had previously purchased for the first unit), and did not return my 16gb SD card (or any SD card). The SD card is not much of a worry, compared to the Conficker worm that was present in the system memory of the PP. This could be a very bad thing to someone with less PC security. Bad on Astak, and worse on anyone who is not diligent regarding software security.

Wayne
Dear Wayne:

I will immediately check on this Conficker worm. I will have the tech check everything.

We do tell everyone in the User Manual and the FAQ sheet (www.theEZreader.com/html under "support" to PLEASE keep their SD card when they send it back for repair or replace. I have also said that about 50 times on various threads but I know it is hard to read every thread and do not blame you a bit. We have no way to keep track of SD cards here. Any that we do receive get thrown away. I am sorry for your loss; but please understand we do TRY hard to get people to be forewarned.

I have no reason for why the spare battery was included. Are you positive it is a spare? Sometimes mailing regulations make us send the battery out of the device. Sometimes the factory ships them with the battery out due to China regulations which change every time.

I AM glad that at least you are back up and reading!!

Bob
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote