Thread: Avoid Kobo
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Phone and live chat support is generally available as an option, but the support here is usually better for general questions that don't require the company's direct input.
I've got a feeling that Kobo Support simply has no idea how to handle Sony Reader issues. About three weeks ago I emailed support about a problem I'm having with Kobo Market on the T2. I was just trying out the Kobo market, so downloaded a couple free books and a few samples (just more or less at random, specifically looking for ones with DRM). When I went to delete these books, they would NOT leave my Purchased Content shelf on the T2. They're still there. I've deleted them online in my library -- and then I "permanently" deleted them. They no longer show up online, but they're still on my Reader. If I try to "repurchase" them online, I get the message to go to the book (or something like that). Since they're not online, I don't go anywhere. But I can re-download them and delete them forever on my T2. So it's definitely a syncing glitch.

(Sorry, got off the track a bit). At any rate, I emailed Kobo support about three or four weeks ago about this. Not a single peep from them. So, I'm guessing, my email went down some dark hole never to be discovered in my lifetime. That's my support experience with Kobo so far. As I said, I doubt Kobo's support team is trained to deal with Sony Reader issues. At this point Kobo is definitely not my "go to" choice for buying books for the Sony. I'm guessing Kobo device support is much better.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote