View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #387
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Yeah... it's just that to say, "For reading e-books on your iPad, there are A, B, C, and D, and the best is A," is rather misleading if it's not explained in more detail. Moreover, most of the objections against Marvin will be moot in a couple of weeks' time.

The way I see it, if you wish to read DRM-protected EPUB books, Bluefire might be the best out there, but not because it's "better than Marvin" -- it's because Marvin does not compete with Bluefire in that department. When it comes to DRM-free EPUB books, Marvin wipes the floor with Bluefire. You could compare them feature by feature, and Marvin seems a step ahead of Bluefire in each of them. I don't mean to slight Bluefire -- competition is a good thing, and maybe this will inspire Bluefire to try and catch up with Marvin.
Good points. (I remember being similarly irritated when people compared the Kindle ereader to the iPad tablet )

And I agree about Bluefire feeling "clunky, jerky,"; I never use it and only keep it around as a 'just in case' measure, should I ever need it for DRMed ePubs, though I liberate all my books, whatever format they come in. I used to use iBooks for ePubs but Marvin has kicked that to the curb