View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjergji View Post
so i62 "Aurora" "Firefly" "Angel Glow" "Moon Light" (I think this last one is the frontlight technology marketing name) are the same products but for different markets?
Hi,
"Aurora" is product name of i62HD with frontlight in Russian market. This model however does not have audio hardware.
"Firefly" is product name of same model for western market. This model has audio on board.
"Angel Glow" is possibly same hardware like "Firefly" but this model will be probably distributed by Polish company Arta Tech. Thus some software differences to Firefly are possible.

"Moon Light" is the name of frontlight technology, used by Onyx. Should be better than GlowLight, however I didn't chance to compare them.

Now to your questions from earlier post:

1. Build quality of the e-ink screen (both GLO and PW seem to have issues)

I am testing the Firefly for few weeks and I did not discovered any issues with MoonLight.

2. Touchscreen is glass (updated) (need to know how easily is to accidentally break it)

i62HD and (Firlefy) are delivered with very stable protective cover. The device has also a massive metal plate inside to avoid deformations of the body. It is quite hard to accidently break the screen. But it is glass though, so you have take care of it.

3. Software. Is it good? Will it crash more than not? Will we have software updates on a regular bases (if needed).. I know that Booxtor provides excellent support, but without him we are left in the cold?

The current software is quite stable (no freezes during testing period). And I promise I won't left you in the cold in the future too

4. frontlight uniformity.. How can we expect it to be?

It is OK. There is a very narrow area in top part of the screen (2-3mm), where you can see some non-uniformity. But it is not disturbing at all.

5. A bit on the heavy side 250gr.

Because of stabilizing metal plate inside. As soon as plastic screens are available those metal plates can be abandoned, but now it is better to have them.

6. Bad pixel policy? (really the best if tested before shipping)

There is no something like "bad pixel" possible on Eink Technology. We had some problem with "stuck" pixels of screens delivered in last winter (because of transporting in cold season). After a couple of refreshing flashes of the screen those "stuck" pixels disappeared by themself.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote