View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #242
hyperpiper45
hyperpiper45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I just bought a Kobo Glo today and my first impressions have been good.

Good stuff:

1. It seems much more responsive than the Kobo Touch. When entering my wifi password and e-mail address I found the keyboard to be good. Page turns are also very responsive and I have had very few occasions where I have had to tap twice.

2. The screen is very good (apart from some issues which I will get to.) The light is even although there is some grey shadowing at the bottom but it is not an issue. I have been reading with the light on all the time and am enjoying the experience. The higher resolution is also noticeable, especially in images and book covers.

Bad Stuff:

1. I did have the device freeze up on me and require a hard reset when I was changing the font size.

2. My screen has two pin pricks where the light seems to shine through unfiltered. It is less noticeable when the light is on low but does become more obvious at the higher settings. I think I will try and exchange my device as it bothers me not being perfect. I tried to capture the problem in the below image.

Overall I am very happy with the device and it is clearly an improvement from the Kobo Touch. I would have liked to compare it with the Kindle Paperwhite but for now it is definitely the best ereader I have owned.

Last edited by hyperpiper45; 10-10-2012 at 05:29 PM.
hyperpiper45 is offline   Reply With Quote