View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I have to agree with others who having previously seen the film enjoyed that more than the book. I obtained the 30th Anniversary Edition as an ebook, which meant that there were two Introductions to plow through (for the 30th and 25th Anniversary Editions) neither of which added anything to the actual story for me.

The book is just a light, fun, and comic fairytale. Trying to make it more than that seems silly.
I also got this edition from the library. I got so bored reading the overly long introductions I haven't even started the book. Add me to the short list of those who had never heard of the book or seen the movie and don't plan to ever do so.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote