View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #424
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
kobo aura hd first impression

i received my kobo aura hd a couple of days ago and here are my impressions:

1. the light is noticeably uneven at the bottom of the screen. i have it set at 50% and can see that the areas in between the 5 lights are darker. it only appears like this at the bottom, though. the rest of the screen is pretty much evenly lit.

2. very easy to add my own fonts. just created a folder named "fonts" and added whatever fonts i wanted.

3. there is a single pixel on the bottom right side of the screen that was leaking light when the light is on. not enough of a problem to return the device, however.

4. the very first night i got it, i left it charging overnight with a griffin powerblock dual universal charger. the next morning, i found that it was really warm. and it should have been at 100%, but showed only 96% charged. further more, it was unresponsive and the screen was displaying residual e-ink from a previous screen. i had to reset it by using the pin hole at the bottom of the device. after rebooting, residual e-ink was still showing. the longer i wait to change a page, the more the residual e-ink showed. only after the device has cooled down did the problem go away.

i'll continue to use it for a while longer and see what happens.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote