View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
The domain idea is one that I never considered, it's a unique solution that I may just try. Sadly drop box is even looking like a viable alternative. The details about caching web pages , while not new to me, is something that I hadn't really thought about, so maybe I should just get over it and see how it works out. I know ebook files are small, but just like in backpacking oz. add up. Whether or not anyone else on this thread sees any rationality for this service is irrelevant, it has nothing to do with my initial question. Beside that, I see a rational reason for the service and so do all of the people who have set up and used the already available services that are out there.

There are several services out there that do this, but none of them really do it well. Ibis reader.com (no www.) is probably the best, but they offer very little organization and they recently got bought out by safari books, so who knows how long they will be around. Right now there may not be a service that provides EXACTLY what I want, maybe I will have to change that. I know that I am not the only one looking, I have stumbled across some other people on similar quests.

Yes, for a few posts this thread devolved into an argument, but I was partly to blame. I could've just said "Uh...OK...that's not actually helpful." and moved on, but I kept trying to explain my viewpoint because I felt attacked. The fact of the matter is that people will see some tech as useless and that's OK, maybe to them it is useless. Next time I'll just smile and nod and move on.

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 11-25-2012 at 01:11 PM.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote