View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #864
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
The Kindle app is the smartest, when it comes to the display of dictionaries. They are no translation dictionaries, either, however. It's very smart, on Kindle's part, just to pop up the definition at the bottom or the top of the screen. If you want to see the entire definition, you just tap for "more" there.
You're absolutely right. In addition there is another great solution in Kindle app: after reading the definition/translation of an unknown word I always make a note containing the actual translation (and/or my thoughts about it at times). When I re-read a section it requires only a short tap on those little blue Note icons to pop up my previous tanslation. This is a really helpful function for me in learning foreign languages. I know that Marvin has a similar feature but there the short tap on a highlighted word brings up both the Note dialog and the virtual keyboard -I think the solution of the Kindle app is much more elegant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle_01.png
Views:	291
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	101197