Thread: Must Register?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles8008 View Post
As far as I can tell, you can no longer register eBookwise devices.
I remember when I had acquired my first REB1200 (manufactured by RCA but sold by Gemstar), the seller on ebay was shipping it to me as the Gemstar ebook servers were going down for good.

Just my luck, I received the REB1200 just AFTER the servers permanently shut down and thus I could not register my device.

Ah, it seems history is repeating itself with the REB1200's little brother, the EWB1150...

My saving grace, at the time, was that www.ebookwise.com come to be and I could finally register my device and purchase mainstream ebooks. And a large part of that ebookwise.com launch was ETI Technologies in the background helping with technical support.

Well, sorry for the digression, but ETI set up a personal server where you could upload content and hopefully still register your device (just for now or forever... ).

Try accessing https://my.ebooksystem.net/personal/default.asp (don't be too worried about the certificate violation, it's just a renewal issue, I believe, or lack there of; damn money grab!) Just click the "I understand the Risks..." button.

Once there, click https://my.ebooksystem.net/personal/uid-help.asp to (hopefully) register your device.

This assumes that you have already tried the "on-device" registration method and that failed.

If this method fails, then I don't know what else will help short of contacting the "old" ETI contacts (Garth/John) to see if they can help....
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote