View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #14320
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Next is The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith.
This book had several highs and lows. The lows were somewhat boring and a trifle long winded but the highs were great and hilarious and in greater quantities. I was shocked at how frank the book was regarding mores and sex especially being written in 1931. Perhaps, the Hayes code affected novels also? A nice read and definitely worth the effort to track down a print copy. The fish market and courtroom scenes had me laughing out loud. The cat already believes me crazy. She needs no further evidence. Rated B- [4 stars].

Unsure of my next read.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote