Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
Someone mentioned Coby:I don't want a Kindle or Amazon tie-in. I've had a Coby 7024 before I had internal memory failure. I got it for $161, and I liked it for the most part. Side-loaded Market and it worked for a little bit before getting buggy. I didn't have too much trouble with the resistive screen, and ereading was okay in it (PDFs in 7inchers do not display well). It ran Froyo. Aside from the self destructing memory, I discovered that you need a good resolution to really enjoy ereading on an LCD. I'm now reading books on my work tablet (Galaxy) and it's a lovely ereading experience, for me as easy as e-Ink if not better, but the 10.1 inch tablet isn't as comfortable as the 7-inch.

I decided to replace it with the A1, even though I had to increase my budget. However, Tuesday night I convinced a Coby rep to sell me the 16GB for the 2GB price. :-D After I pestered him with questions. I'm banking some of my money on Lenovo's quality in general. We have ancient Thinkpads still chugging, they're just too outspec'd to be of any real use.
So would you say Coby is a good brand for a tablet? I know around here Coby's other stuff like mp3 player, radios and such is junk. You are the second person I heard mention the brand. I just want a tablet for reading in bed nothing fancy.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-14-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote