View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
I can think of one without even trying - speed!

Calibre is very slow in transferring data to the reader. It takes me 15+ minutes to send 700 books (only one format) to my Pocketbook 302.
Speed is no longer a reason in 0.7.2. You will have to wait the first time while it scans the device and creates a cache file to work from. After the first time 15 minutes becomes seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgn View Post
And another quick reason. Calibre does not remove problems. Let us say you notice a typo in a book title - so you change it. If you then send out that book to your device, you will now have that book on the device twice. A more common reason is that you notice the Author/Title fields are back to front. So you fix it. What is now on the device??
Now that the initial connection is not a time waster it makes more sense to use calibre to remove the books then resend them to the device. Just as quick and less messy since the metadata is updated during the send to device operation.

That said 0.7.2 has a bug or two that will be fixed in 0.7.3
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote