Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I would like to know how a datafile, i.e. an epub or whatever, especially because of it's size, can effect battery consumption, when in sleep mode. Any memory/cache that exists to support sleep mode is kept powered on, but the size of the memory shouldn't change. How can you power up have a memory chip? Even when powered up, the static state of memory should have little/no effect of power usage. Likewise, a corrupt file may refuse to load, or load looking a little strange, but I cannot see how this effects battery life.
That's right - I agree. But loading a larger part of a file into the cache might use more power than loading a lesser part of a file into the cache. Still, you wouldn't expect it to be much -- but who knows?

It does sound like Mrs_Often just has a defective battery so it would be interesting to know if it is now operating properly.
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote