View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #1516
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Jim Butcher FAQ

Quoted from jim-butcher.com
Quote:
Spoiler:

FAQ

Q. Would Jim be a guest at my convention or event?
A.
If you are a convention organizer and want to invite Jim to a future event, send an invite to Jim’s publicist, Rosanne Romanello (Rosanne.Romanello [at] us.penguingroup.com). Jim’s schedule is planned far in advance–invitations received in 2013 will be considered for attendance in 2015. Jim will generally pick two or three smaller events annually to attend in addition to some larger ones (like Comic Cons, Dragon Con, etc.). He also goes on signing tours in to correspond with the release of new Dresden novels. You can see a list of cons and signings Jim will be attending on the site calendar.

Q. How do I stay updated on all the latest Jim-related news?
A.

Q. How many books is Jim writing for the Dresden Files?
A.
23ish: 20ish “case books,” like those we’ve seen so far, plus a 3-book apocalyptic trilogy. Book #14, Cold Days, hit bookstores in November 2012. Book #15 does not yet have a name or release date yet, but we’ll make an announcement as soon as we have something to report.

Q. Has Jim considered collecting an anthology of Dresden Files short stories? Or, What is Side Jobs?
A.
Yes! Side Jobs hit stores October 26, 2010, and contains the following stories:

Restoration of Faith

Vignette
“Something Borrowed” — from My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
“It’s My Birthday Too” — from Many Bloody Returns
“Heorot” — from My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
“Day Off” — from Blood Lite
Backup — novelette from Thomas’ POV, originally published by Subterranean Press
The Warrior — novelette from Mean Streets
“Last Call” — from Strange Brew
“Love Hurts” — from Songs of Love and Death
Aftermath — an exclusive new novelette from Murphy’s POV, taking place 45 minutes after Changes

Sharp-eyed fans will notice that the Marcone-POV story “Even Hand” from Dark and Stormy Knights and “Curses” from The Naked City will not be included, due to contractual issues. They will be included in a later Dresden Files anthology, however, when Jim eventually amasses enough stories for a second!

Q. Is the Codex Alera finished? Will Jim ever write more in this series?
A.
Jim completed the series with book #6, First Lord’s Fury. He isn’t ruling out the possibility of returning to that world at some point in the future, but he doesn’t have any immediate plans at this stage.

Q. Why isn’t [book name] available for the kindles/e-books?
A.
At this stage, everything should be available! If you find an oversight, let us know through the “Contact Us” page, and we’ll pass it on to Penguin.

Q. Will you reveal some crucial detail from a book that isn’t published yet?
A.
Nope.

Q. When will sample chapters for the next book be posted? How many chapters will there be?
A.
We generally post the first chapter a month or two before each book’s release. Jim usually releases four chapters total.

Q. I have a great idea for a Dresden story…, or Will you look at my fanfic?
A.
Please do not send Jim story ideas or proposals. Jim can’t and won’t read them, so they’ll just get tossed in the trash. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t write fanfic and share it with your friends! Read the full policy here.

Q. Will you look at my fanart?
A.
Sure! Fanart, so long as it is not for sale, is totally kosher and kind of fun.

Q. How did Jim get published? Can you give me some advice on how to get published?
A.
Jim chronicles his road to getting published here.

Q. How do you write a novel?
A.
Jim offers advice for aspiring writers here!

Q. Are Jim’s books available in audio format?
A.
Yes! The complete catalogue is available through the Jim-Butcher.com store! The Dresden Files series is read by James Marsters (of Buffy fame) and the Codex Alera is performed by Kate Reading.

Q. What’s this about a Dresden Files graphic novel, or What is “Welcome to the Jungle”?
A.
The Dresden Files has expanded to the graphic novel medium! Welcome to the Jungle is the first Dresden Files graphic novel, a story written by Jim Butcher, pencilled by Ardian Syaf, and published by the Dabel Brothers. It’s an original story set before the events of Storm Front. You can buy the hardcover compilation from the Jim-Butcher.com store.

Jim’s novels are also getting the graphic novel treatment. Storm Front is available in two volumes, illustrated by Ardian Syaf and Brett Booth. You can buy the hardcover compilation in two volumes from our store. Fool Moon is also available in two volumes, illustrated by Chase Conley and published by Dynamite Entertainment. Next up is an original piece called “Ghoul, Goblin,” which takes place between Fool Moon and Grave Peril.

Q. When will we get new episodes of the TV show?
A.
Sorry, the series was canceled after only one season. No new episodes will be produced. You can purchase the series DVDs in the store.

Q. Is the two-hour version of the TV pilot on the DVD set? When will it air next on the Sci-Fi Channel?
A.
No, unfortunately the two-hour version didn’t make the cut on the DVD set. Check SciFi.com’s schedulebot for future airings, or stop by the forum! One can be certain our members will discover any future airings the moment they’re announced.

Q. Where is the best place to get Jim’s books, audio books, DVDs, etc?
A.
We recommend supporting your favorite local independent bookstore, but if you prefer to buy online, you can support this site by using the links from the Jim-Butcher.com store to buy from Amazon, B&N, or IndieBound. Even if you aren’t buying a book by Jim, clicking through to Amazon from the links on jim-butcher.com will tell Amazon that you came there from here — and thus the site will get a small sales commission on whatever you buy, even stuff that’s not books (so if you’re eying that $500 exercise bicycle from Amazon, clicking through to Amazon from our store first is a big help).
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-09-2014 at 09:16 AM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote