View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #55
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
I run a medical clinic and use my tablet quite well as a replacement for my laptop. My tablet is an Asus Transformer, it has a keyboard dock which not only gives it usb ports and a total of 16 hours battery life, but also the previously mentioned keyboard allowing me to type and use it professionally. Tegra quad cores are also attracting a larger and larger percentage of game designers, and now that the Ouya android powered game console has been more than fully funded it too has started to bring in higher end game designers and companies. I also have emulators for most of the available game consoles, so I am good to go. Sure, I can't play the newest $60 PC games, but I am ok with the the $6 ones available for android that are just as good in design. There are better office solutions than MS Office (I never much cared for that suite to begin with). I personally use Polaris Office and my wife uses another program with zero issues. Adobe has a full line of tools available for android, including a PS set (albeit a scaled down version). I don't see android as a compramise at all, just early in development and quickly taking over.

My original statement stands, people see more value in tablets than in eink devices. That does not mean that there is no value in eink, just that the market for tablets is much more stable and is growing much faster. I love my Kindle, but I would be hard pressed to buy a new version when I could buy a tablet for nearly the same price.

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 08-17-2012 at 08:00 AM.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote