Old 04-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #22
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look at your current version number, simply ancient
(note: this IS within the allowed range for this plugin)

What OS (and version) are you using?
Kiwidude and theducks,

my operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate. So why did the plug-in not work? To add to that.....

I have twice downloaded the 7zip_Setup.exe Calibre update. Once from the Calibre interface in the bottom right-hand corner as you mentioned and once from your link. Both times I checked and both times it is showing that there is a 'PUP. Bundle.Inst malicious software in the zip. This is checked with Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy/anti-malware/adware software that I have.

I eventually took the risk and downloaded everything and unchecked the stuff that I did not want. After doing everything, I ended up downloading programs I did not need such as 'Fun moods,' 'Wajam' and 'Toast' (that is something to do with Facebook Yuk!)

these programmes jointly had 31 malware and adware items in them. Fortunately, I caught them all and got rid of them. Did you realise this?

When I reopened Calibre, I am still being told that there is an update available in the bottom right-hand corner of the interface. I did all that, collecting all that malware and it still did not download the latest Calibre program.

Is there anywhere else I can download the update that does not contain any malware, adware or spyware? AND...

can you give me a set of instructions so that it is downloaded safely and so I do not download lots of programs I do not need except the updated Calibre software?

Thanks

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote