Thread: Smashwords Help
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Smashwords Help

Can anyone help me with Smashwords? I'm about to pull out my hair.

I have a message that says:

This book requires modification prior to inclusion in Smashwords' premium catalog.

And then there's a rambly form page of zero usefulness that is clearly a form letter even though the bottom claims we reviewed your book and provided you notes on how to fix your problems.

Where are these notes??

Most of all, I'm concerned by this statement in the form letter:

Quote:
*** Next, follow it with the Smashwords License Statement ***

Smashwords Edition, License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.
I am not okay with putting that notice in my novel. My novel has a Creative Commons copyright -- it very specifically can be given away to other people.

Am I correct in understanding that Smashwords will not feed my novel to Kobo, Sony, Diesel, etc. if I don't implement their copyright clause instead of my own?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote