View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #51
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keryl Raist View Post
The idea of having a scene where a character does drink a Pepsi with a little hyperlink that can connect you to a Pepsi coupon might be interesting. The big thing is doing it so that it's not intrusive. I don't want to read page after page of hundreds of name brand items.
I wouldn't mind either, as long as the links were discreet--but they wouldn't be getting any revenue from me, because my ereader doesn't have wifi. Unless the ad/coupon is embedded in the text of the book, delivery is dependent on conditions outside the advertiser's, or even the bookstore's, control.

Advertisers don't want to pay for a portion of the ebooks I read, because I'm not going to give any consideration to the ads. I won't be clicking on the ad links because I won't be reading on a device with clickthough ability.

And while most newer ereaders have wifi, there are still plenty that don't--and plenty more that keep it turned off except when they're getting new books, both to save battery and because they don't have constant access to wifi.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote