View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #12
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Am I the only writer that gets the heeby-jeebies when I see the term "literature"?

I don't write what the marketplace, critics, and scholars would consider literature. I write genre fiction and I write it because it's what I like to write and what I like to read. "Literature"--and in this I mean what's often taught in tenth-grade English and the like--holds no magic nor joy for me to read, let alone write.

I write to entertain. I write because I love it and because I want someone else to fall as in love with the characters, the places, and the universes I've created as I am.

LitFic just doesn't do that for me.
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote