Thread: Catalog Error
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Catalog Error

OS Windows XP sp3
Calibre version 0.7.45

I have received the following error previously for misspellings, but this is the first time I received this error for having an author sort of "Various". I guess it is telling me that I have two author sort values for Dan Abnett and I do. This is by design, he contributed to a Series that has multiple authors so for the Authors in this series I use an author_sort value of Various. This keeps the series in order in the library view.

Quote:
calibre, version 0.7.45
ERROR: Metadata error:
Inconsistent Author Sort values for Author 'Dan Abnett':
'Various' <> 'Abnett, Dan',
unable to build catalog.

Select all books by 'Dan Abnett', apply correct Author Sort value in Edit Metadata dialog, then rebuild the catalog.

Catalog generation terminated.
Using Inconsistent Author Sort values for Author 'Dan Abnett' is a feature of calibre not a bug. I am curious, is this an insurmountable obstacle that can't be handled in the catalog generation code? Or is there a way to overcome this in settings that I have missed or overlooked?

If there is no work around and the code doesn't allow for my situation then I'll either conform or do without the catalog. Either way life goes on.

Have a great day.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-13-2011 at 11:18 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote