View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #11
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
The Kobo is currently the hottest ereader item in Australia which the main reason Borders has such huge supply problems at least initially. Where the Kindle 2 was considered the only other option easily obtained by those wanting an ereader, the Kobo at AU$199 is a stand out. While they sell well here and demand is high, the price is not going to drop any time soon.

Maybe I am wrong here, but I do believe that most ereader purchasers simply want a device that reads ebooks. Other functions detract from the reading experience somewhat.
Here in Canada our options were pretty sparse until the Kobo came out. You could get a Nook from the US if you jumped through some hoops, it really didn't seem worth it. I originally rationalized that I did not need any extra features of the other readers. For that reason, I was content to save a few bucks and buy the Kobo. However, now that the extra features can be had for the same price... Well, why not?
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote