Thread: PRS-T2 Hacking the T2
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #177
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
There is definitely more than one way of rooting "fixed" device - after all all Android based phones have been rooted Unfortunately economy works against this - one need to spend nontrivial effort to make such root feasible for "simple" users. Size of community usually helps. According to Raymonds: "given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow". There is simply not enough everything - people, interest, community to justify spending significant effort on this... I could count all developers who did something useful for the device using fingers on my hands (probably even on one hand). Not enough glory I guess - after all this is not iPhone and not even Kindle...

Currently I know of no way of breaking "fixed" firmware and I no of no efforts to change that.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote