View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
DebbyS
Zealot
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
I've bought about half a dozen books from BooksOnBoard.com The first time I was mystified. Via credit card I paid for the epub books, clicked on the link, and downloaded to my computer, to a place I could find it, a tiny file. Hey! I yelled at BOB (at my computer screen) as though they could hear -- what's going on here???? You've got my money and I've got this tiny file?!?! Well, as a last resort (since they didn't reply) I double clicked on the file they sent, thinking that would open it and all would -- better be revealed -- and suddenly my copy of Adobe Digital Editions opened, launched Superman-like out into cyberspace and downloaded my book! Whee!

I know where books fall when they come that way (in the ADE subdirectory) so I copy them out of there and back them up to CD/thumbdrive/external hard drive (I'm obsessive about getting and keeping what I paid for).

So while one cannot directly download a, say, epub from BooksOnBoard, it's just a few mystery steps more and then you have them.

For Kindle books they go to... someplace on Amazon in your account and from there you can download them to (in my case) Kindle for PC. Unless I've actually paid $ for something from Amazon, I download the freebies I've accumulated about once a month. Then I copy them from the K4PC cache and run them through Calibre to turn them into epubs so I can read them on my JetBook Lite (which might be able to read the native Kindle format, but i haven't tried). That's a few more steps than getting books from BOB, but it all works for me and maybe this will help you, too.
DebbyS is offline   Reply With Quote