View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #410
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrushT View Post
Hi All,

Been pointed to this thread by Silver18 in regards to help with replacing the files on a K4NT so that it is reset to factory conditions.

Firstly my Kindle isn't bricked and completely works, it has just had a screensaver hack done to it.

I was wondering if I can copy over the file mmcblk0p1.img (from K4NT 4.0.1 forensic images) to my Kindle in Windows using a normal USB transfer, and then run the following commands in Putty when in Diags mode.

(From Silver18 noobs guide)

dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K

followed by

rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
idme -d --bootmode main
reboot

Would that do it? Or are other steps needed?

Thanks
If your Kindle was (is) running the 4.0.1 kernel now, then just re-installing the image as noted above should do it.
Otherwise, you also need to re-install a matching (main-k4-4.0.1 or whatever the matching name is) kernel also.

The reason:
These kernels use drivers and features as loadable modules, the kernel is in the kernel image but the kernel modules are in the file system image.

Grumble: It didn't have to be that way, but it was the way lab126 choose to do it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote