View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
"would be disappointed with today’s E Ink color products."

I wasn't aware there were any 'E Ink color products' on the market yet? Did I miss something?
Nope. eInk doesn't do color.

eInk screen manufacturer PVI announced a prototype 12 bit color eInk screen in December 2006, that was supposed to be in volume in production 2007. It never happened.

My guess is some combination of underestimating the problems involved in ramping from prototype to volume production, unsatisfactory performance, and/or higher costs for the color screens than the market was likely to accept.

There are several different low power color screen technologies out there, but eInk isn't one of them.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote