Thread: Puzzle
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Puzzle

So lately (aside from the shoe situation ) life has been giving me a hard time. And I've been reading too much, too fast, spending waaaayyyyy too much money on books b/c the books I have I've re-read them 20 times.

So I hop into a puzzle store and think, this is just the ticket! I've never done a puzzle before, so I'll get me a puzzle and that will help me relax and take up some of the crazy feeling time I have going on. I get this cute 500 piece puzzle with a dragon and a unicorn fighting. They're not really fighting, they're both on opposite sides of the puzzle, but neither look happy and somehow it still looks cute.

ANYWAY....

So I start putting this thing together. 3 hours later, 15 pieces are put together, my cats keep stealing the pieces, the table's not big enough, all the damn colors look the same and the pieces are shaped like something you'd make out of orgami. So I scooped it back into the box and decided to burn the thing after crying for 20 minutes about how stupid I am.

Then I get to thinking....I'm better than that, right? I'll try again tomorrow. I do, and this time I've got most the outer part put together and some of the dragon (like 75 pieces) after 3 hours. I'm sooooo proud of my progress, and now I'm feeling good about this puzzle thing. I cut out a piece of big cardboard to put the put-together pieces on and wait for the boyfriend to wake up so he can see my progress. He comes out to look and just as I'm showing him my proud creation, that little b***h of a cat I have (not the fat one, the little one) decides to jumps on the piece of cardboard I'm holding and knock everything on to the ground. And then runs off with the pieces. And chews on them.

By this time I'm ready to drown myself in the tub, make a pair of gloves out of the cat, and say f*** burning the puzzle outside, we'll just do it right here in the living room. So, instead of my boyfriend smiling at me and telling me what a good job I've done, he's watching me run around the house like a lunatic after the cat and trying to salvage the pieces that are still partially put together b/c I can't even stand to be in the same toom as that stupid ass puzzle. Or the cat.

Huh.

And even though they're letting me have a computer in the padded room I'm in with my ankles and one hand strapped down, for some unholy reason...I still want to figure out the puzzle. I dont want to buy another one, I want to do this one. I think I'm going to wait until I'm a little more...emotionally stable before attempting to do this thing again. So I just filed my taxes and told myself that whatever large sum of money I spend on books now I'll just replace with my refund

At least I know how to read, ya know?

Last edited by emonti8384; 01-30-2010 at 03:02 PM.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote